Thursday 6 March 2014

The Oscars 2014

Last year I preferred "Silver Linings Playbook" for best film at the Oscars, and the year before it was "Margin Call". This year, to complete a hat-trick, my favourite "The Way Way Back" was not nominated for anything. Not only was this the best screenplay by Nat Faxon and Jim Rash (who also directed) but the ensemble acting was fabulous. And why didn't Sam Rockwell win the Oscar for best supporting actor? And not even nominated?

I have to admit that I have yet to see Spike Jonze's "Her" which won best original screenplay, so I will come back and tell you if that was better. Thank goodness Alfonso Cuaron won best director for "Gravity" and which should have won best film of those nominated. I thought Sally Hawkins deserved the best supporting actress Oscar for "Blue Jasmine". And didn't she look great on the night.

No comments: