Friday 14 March 2014

My Favourite Season

Spring has arrived early this year, unlike last year when the cold weather went on all through March. But after the wettest winter on record, the lawn and the borders are beginning to dry out. The grass got it's first cut this week, and it looks a lot better for it.
Trimming the edges is the hardest job, although the grass was so long and wet (I had been waiting for a windy day that would dry the grass but no luck) the mowing wasn't perfect.

At the far end of the picture, the laurels have flowered far heavier than previous years, maybe they like the rain?
Although there are hardly any catkins on the Corylus Contorta.
The forsythia has never flowered as I had hoped, but at least it has some.
 
I'm waiting to see how the flowering currant that I transplanted last year will do. No sign of any flowers yet.

No comments: