Tuesday 13 October 2009

My first swimming lesson

I started swimming 24 years ago and have never had a lesson, until last week. I have improved my technique with the help of books. But now our pool has adult classes on a Thursday evening, I decided to give it a go, even though the course had been going a few weeks. Three teachers alternate between learners, improvers and advanced. I think I was in the final category of one, as my hour's session with Tim seemed to be on a one to one basis.

Apparently my breaststroke only needs some fine tuning. But crawl, which is not my favourite stroke, needs a lot of work. Although I didn't do many lengths during the session, I was absolutely shattered at the end. Something tells me the improvement will be slow and hard. I have booked for the remainder of the lessons which go on until the end of the year. Hopefully, by then, I might have even learnt how to do backstroke.

No comments: