Monday 26 October 2009

A Chilterns Autumn Weekend

My favourite walk for a Friday afternoon is at the reservoirs and canals at Marsworth, where British Waterways have a good size car park and stoned footpaths. A walk here on a Friday afternoon always reminds me how lucky I am to be retired and enjoy the outdoors. The canal was particularly picturesque as the sun showed dazzling reflections in the water.

Saturday was wet, so in the morning we went to Milton Keynes shopping. Quite successful, mainly adding to the profits of M&S. Coffee and a toasted sandwich in Thortons was very nice.

Sunday was another sunny morning, so my camera and I headed for the Ridgeway out of Wendover. The beech avenue at Boswells Farm, looking towards the Amersham Road, was quite spectacular.

Up into the woods, the views were equally colourful. After some cold nights, the mild weather of the last couple of days has made this one of the best autumns I can remember.


No comments: