Saturday 3 January 2015

A Double Parkrun

A Double Parkrun on New Year's Day. Aylesbury Parkrun started at it's normal time of 9am, so an early start for a record breaking 170 runners! I took it very easy with the prospect of a hilly Tring Parkrun to come at 10.30. I'm so glad I did as the Tring Park course was even harder than I had imagined, and a lot more muddy. There were about fifty of us who ran both events and the Facebook page for Tring has the full list.

I wondered who the fast lady was who lapped me at Aylesbury. Their Facebook page told me the answer.
"On a positive note if you ran with us today you ran with a Team GB athlete & London 2012 Olympian Claire Hallisey!!! How awesome is that.
Not only did she run with us today she broke our course ladies record, Well Done Claire!"

Alison and I also ran Aylesbury Parkrun on Christmas Day (I ran with Sara who was over with my son Michael for the holiday). So if you add this to the Saturdays at either end of the two weeks, Alison and I ran Parkrun six times in fifteen days. And today it didn't stop raining. We must be mad.

No comments: