Monday 23 October 2023

Jacqueline Wilson

 

I must say I didn't know the name Jacqueline Wilson. But in this week's Sunday Times she tells us her favourite author is Anne Tyler and has read all her 24 novels. I have only seventeen on my bookshelves, so some way to go on a few of her early books. She says "I'm getting very old (is 77 very old?) and I like to read authors who are at the height of their powers when they're old too".

She also says she has discovered Katherine Heiny "who is very witty". I loved Early Morning Riser and Standard Deviation will be up next.

She also mentions Donna Tartt. I loved The Goldfinch and especially The Secret History and keep thinking shall I try The Little Friend, but keep resisting the 576 pages about twelve year old Harriet.  I only started reading the article as it starts with the first book that Wilson loved. The Enchanted Wood has been on Alison's bookshelf for as long as I have known her. 

No comments: