Friday 13 October 2023

Follow The Master

 

On our way home from Wells-next-the-Sea, we passed Cockley Cley in the depths of Norfolk. It reminded me that this was where Sir Samuel Roberts lived, whom I met in London when tracing my family history, and who gave me a copy of the Memorials of the Family of Roberts. When I was at home, I wondered if he ever got round to updating the series of family history books undertaken by his ancestors. Low and behold, searching on the internet, here he is holding the latest volume. 

There does not seem to be any more information about early generations. We are descended from the ELDEST brother Jacob Roberts on the left of the chart below. All his and earlier generations are detailed in the Memorials books summarised as follows:

"Family History" posted 2nd July 2008

"Three Generations of Cutlers" posted 27 August 2008

"Seventeen Generations of the Roberts Family" posted 6 March 2023

"





No comments: