Monday 5 June 2023

Boddington Hill Walk

 

This is now one of my favourite walks. The route up the scarp slope of the Chiltern hills is one of the more gradual, an ascent of just over 100 metres. I park on Beechwood Lane in Wendover and walk up the narrow road.

To the rugged entry into Wendover Woods. I'm glad there is now a handrail.

I turned right for the reasonably level trail along the edge of the woods.

Until the path starts up the slope until it reaches the junction with the parkrun course. Here I turn left and there is still some more climbing before the path levels out at the top. Here are some great views across the valley with the wooded Ridgeway in the distance.

I turned off the parkrun route when I reached Boddington Hill and took the circular path around the Hill Fort Trail.




At the end of the trail there is the long path down towards Halton Camp.


At the bottom I turned left along the edge of the woods back to where I started and the walk back down Beechwood Lane. The overall distance is only about three and a half miles, but the hill is reasonably straightforward as long as I have my pole. And I can change the route by walking in the opposite direction. It was a beautiful morning, clear blue skies and a pleasant 16C.





No comments: