Tuesday 13 May 2014

The Marlow 5 Mile

After running the Marlow 5 Mile two years ago, only three months or so after I started running, I was looking forward to this years race around the closed roads of this lovely riverside town. I had agreed with Alison not to go too fast as I had been feeling very tired the day before, and had thought I might even have to pull out.

It was a chilly morning, not only heavy clouds but very windy. It must have put a lot of people off as the number of runners was down on two years ago. I was outside my target of 45 minutes for nearly all the way round, which was OK, but a quickening pace for the last half mile brought me in at 44 minutes 33 seconds. Considering I didn't push myself, I was very pleased with the time.

Alison has not been able to do her normal training due to work and weekends away to see her father, so was also very pleased with her 48 minutes 21 seconds. She said she even sprinted the last few hundred meters, something I have never heard her say before. Then it was off to John Lewis for tea and cake before heading home for that certain big game on the TV.

No comments: