Tuesday 22 November 2011

Robin Van Persie

It's safe to say that Arsenal are not my favourite team. But I have stuck with Robin Van Persie in my fantasy football team for the last few years. And after a quiet start, he has again come up trumps, especially when I made him captain which double his points. Before Game Week 8, I was struggling around the 1.2 million mark, out of 2.5 million teams. But as soon as Robin started scoring (in the last five games he has scored 2,2,3,1 and 2 goals), I have steadily made my way to the top 252,000. In these last five games, Van Persie has scored 132 points , 44% of my total points for these games! So after Game Week 12, I'm only 18 points and 109,000 places behind Alison. All thanks to VP. Can he keep it going?

PS - 28th November 2011

The answer is ...... No! This week Robin didn't score, or provide an assist, or get a bonus, even playing Fulham at home. The rest of my team played so poorly (including Balotelli with minus points after being sent off having come on as a substitute) that my total for the week was a pathetic 24 points. That put me in 2.56 millionth position out of a total of 2.64 million players. So given that there will be many that are not playing any more, being in the bottom 80,000 for the week is worse than a lot of those, and worse than I have done in the the three years playing the Fantasy League. so I am now back to 423,000 overall and massively behind Alison in 135,000 place. It just serves me right for gloating. Some big transfers are required this week.

No comments: