Tuesday 30 March 2010

131 Songs - Number 31

Number 31 - Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd

Well, after the last song, I thought I might as well do this one with the same title. And also something similar with the two bands, the decline of original band members Peter Green and Syd Barrett. And this time it took me until 2001 before I appreciated their music, although it has to be said, not all. So I missed their hey day, again in the 1970's. (What a lot I missed in that decade - although I still don't get the bands that my colleagues in Peterborough, Mick and Terry, used to follow. Led Zeppelin and Yes are beyond my understanding).

It is Pink Floyd's 1975 album, of the same name as the chosen song ,that I really like. "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" was very nearly my choice, especially being the homage to Syd Barrett. And "Another Brick In The Wall" still moves me.

No comments: