Tuesday 23 March 2010

131 Songs - Number 28

Number 28 - Before the Deluge by Jackson Browne

I only really became aware of Jackson Browne in 1986 when "In the Shape of a Heart" from his album "Lives in the Balance" was played on the radio. So I bought the LP and some of his earlier work, and the same year I went to see him at The Hammersmith Apollo. It was the best of all his concerts including those at The Royal Albert Hall in 1996, 2003 and 2009, the last where I took the above photo.

I now have all his 13 studio albums on CD or vinyl, and I could have picked any number of his songs. I could not decide from "For a Dancer" and "Late for the Sky" having once thought that his (co-written) version of "Take It Easy" was a shoe-in. And then there is many people favourite "The Pretender". And although it did not make it onto the "best of" compilation, I have always had a soft spot for "Before the Deluge".

No comments: