Wednesday 15 October 2008

Family Historian 3.1.2



At last, I have purchased some family tree software. Family Historian 3.1.2 is the best british made programme on the market, and was used for the BBC series "Who Do You Think You Are?". I only installed it yesterday, and already have entered basic data for 32 ancestors and relatives, starting with Samuel Roberts born 1649. I also bought the manual, which is great for getting started.

So far, I have entered five generations. The chart is colour coded, but even in a black and white print, I am very pleased with the result so far. This is the ancestry diagram for Sidney Roberts born 1805.


The most interesting feature so far has been finding the parents of Sidney's mother, Mary Ann Morton. The extracts I took from "Hunters' Pedigrees" (of old Yorkshire families), when I visited Sheffield Archives in 2002, helped to confirm that her father Richard Morton was a silversmith, probably the one described in Edward Laws "Sheffield Silversmiths". This will be worth researching in time.

No comments: