Tuesday 10 July 2007

Why I hate doing crawl

I seem to have changed my swimming day from a Wednesday to a Tuesday. It is a little quieter at the pool, and I normally have a rest day on Monday which means I am sort of better prepared.

The problem over the last few weeks is that I have started to build up doing crawl to where I now do 5 x 4 lengths every ten minutes of my 50 minutes plus session. Reverting back to breaststroke after each 100metres of crawl is so easy. Except this week I have found how to kick harder doing crawl, but then it takes a while to recover my normal breaststroke kick.

So the four lengths of crawl are a killer. The first length is fine, the next just about OK, but the last two are so hard. I am waiting until they get easier, but that is not happening at the moment. And by the time I reach the fifth session of crawl, well, its only the fact that its the last keeps me going.

I have only ever done breaststroke for the last twenty years, so I guess starting something new was always going to be difficult. The pool will be busy when the children's summer holidays start, so I might have to cut down on the crawl. Hurrah!

No comments: