Thursday 26 July 2007

Family Time

Last week, Michael was over from New York. He was with Zoe on Wednesday and in the evening Alison and I went there for dinner. Peter arrived home late, it was his first week in a new job. But the six of us sat down for a lovely meal after Hannah had gone to bed. It was so nice for all of us to be there.

Michael came back to stay with us Wednesday night and on Thursday we donned our boots and set off for a walk in the Chilterns. The weather looked threatening to start, but turned out to be one of the best days for ages. We were very lucky considering what an awful summer it has been so far. So we had a very enjoyable couple of hours to catch up. We finished up at the "Cafe in the Woods" for lunch outside, again a rare occurrence this summer.

On Saturday I went over to Radnage where Peter and Zoe showed me the work that had been done to their new house, and Hannah was desperate that I see the pink lights in her bedroom. I even met Zoe and Hannah again on Tuesday for lunch in Chinnor. Zoe said she couldn't remember the last time she saw me on her birthday.

No comments: