Friday 7 June 2024

Conservatory Repainted

 

It was back in the September of 2007 that I last painted the outside of our hardwood conservatory. My post of the 17th of that month suggested it was a long job. Below is the photo from back then to compare with the top one this week.


However, this time I had the help of Alison, who actually did most of the painting. But that was after I had to fill some holes in the exterior sill. The one on the corner was the worst. I had to cut away some of the wood that was crumbling and then start with some stones to fill the gap.

And then I found the Gorilla expanding filler that seemed to do the job. Note the cardboard formwork.

I cut off the excess and used some polyfiller on the top.

Now painted, it is not perfect, but far better than it was before.

I just hope that the redecoration will last a few years. The conservatory is now twenty seven years old and I still think the hardwood looks far nicer then the usual plastic. I'm just left with cleaning the windows.



No comments: