Sunday 21 April 2024

The Garden in April

 

Apart from the forget-me-nots, there is not a lot of colour in the garden at this time of year. Except, that is for the blossom. Above is the maypole cherry that has been at it's best this month. 

The dwarf crab apple is now recovering from the major prune a year ago.

Here it is towards the end of April with the Weigelia below just coming into flower.



The Clematis Montana is not as good as previous years, but I did cut it back last year when it collapsed in the wind.


I thought I had lost all the snake head fritillary, but this white one has survived.


All the daffodils are over, except for these late narcissus.




The forget-me-nots have spread all over the wildflower and long borders. I have to keep them trimmed around the edge of the lawn.




Last week I completed the jet washing to the side and rear paving. They do look a lot better. I like the pink and blue which still look good even though they were installed 25 years ago.


The side patio showing it's age.

The Hosta Fire and Ice are growing at last.


This was how much I had to brush afterwards, just in one corner.


A single iris flower in a pot at the back. Maybe more to come.


These are the laurels that flowered at the beginning of the month and are the same today.


I seemed to have lost all my Penstemon, so I have filled a gap in the main border with a new one. It is called "Pensham Arctic Fox" and yes, it is white.


The Tulips Spring Green are still doing well at the end of the month.


I think this new plant is a Hydrangea that was given to Alison for her help as a volunteer. 


And finally the lawn. With Green Thumb long gone, I have just spread the  Pro-Kleen Grass Green Lawn Fertilizer which should last three months. Looking better already.





No comments: