Tuesday 30 April 2024

Goodbye forget-me-nots

 


I included some photos of the forget-me-nots in a previous post. This year they had spread like never before and, despite giving colour in the early Spring, they have become a major problem in the garden. Especially how I now struggle to clear them. I started a week ago with four separate sessions and managed to clear most of the wildflower border above.

So when Alison volunteered to help yesterday, I was only too pleased to let her tackle some of the borders for the very first time.






For future reference, it has taken seven hours to clear them. So next Spring I will have to get out early and clear them before or just as they flower. They are a highly invasive plant. I Have to say that having cleared them, the borders do look a lot better, and perennials have appeared where before they were covered over. And some room for new things to grow.

No comments: