Monday 29 January 2024

Who needs Green Thumb?

 

For treating our lawn, I had successfully used Green Thumb over the last thirteen years until their visits became increasingly haphazard. Over the last two years they consistently missed important treatments. Then they increased their prices by 94%. When they cancelled again in June last year, I terminated their services. I had no reply to a number of emails so I knew they were not interested.

So, what to do next. Their winter treatment was to apply a moss killer. I found Pro-Kleen's Iron Sulphate which not only kills the moss, but is a long lasting grass fertilizer. My initials impressions are that it works just fine. And I can use it when I want to, and even apply a repeat treatment in a couple of weeks if I need to. 

Pro-Kleen also do a Lawn Fertilizer to use in the spring and summer. These are granules, probably just like Green Thumb's looking at the contents. But for now, all that bright green moss has gone.



No comments: