Tuesday 16 January 2024

Silent Witness and The Secret in their Eyes

 

As it's January, here is a brand new series of Silent Witness. Episode one introduced John Hannah (in the picture above with Emelia Fox as Nikki Alexander) as ex detective inspector Charles Beck who, it turns out has a massive secret. One to rival the exact same finale as the brilliant Argentine film The Secret in their Eyes. My post of 25th August 2010 described how I had to go off to the Odeon, Muswell Hill to see this Oscar winning thriller. Picture below.

So when I watched the ending to Effective Range, episode one of the twenty seventh series of Silent Witness I thought I have seen this before somewhere. It took me some time to work out where. But eventually I found it. The ending to The Secret in their Eyes (and not the American remake) is right there on You Tube. Just compare that to Silent Witness.



No comments: