Saturday 7 January 2023

Wilstone Reservoir and St Mary the Virgin at Drayton Beauchamp

 

For my Friday walk I picked a route I had not walked for a very long time. There is free parking at Wilstone Reservoir I was not certain to find one of the dozen spaces. But I was lucky yesterday and set out on the circular route that weaves across fields and up the Wendover arm of the Grand Union Canal. 

The normal route turns left at the canal but I have often turned right and a mile down to the bridge by the road. Instead of turning back as usual,  I decided to try to locate the church I could see not far away. I had to turn right down a lane and then follow the path to the church of St Mary the Virgin.


The gates were locked, but anyway it was time to head back. I noticed that there is another path that I found later would take me back to the reservoir, instead of backtracking along the canal and taking the remainder of the circular route back to Wilstone. That will be for another day when it's not so muddy.

Photos from the camera on my phone. 

No comments: