Wednesday 9 November 2022

Woman to Woman at Aylesbury Waterside Theatre

 

Alison has been a long term fan of Julia Fordham and we both love Beverley Craven so their date at Aylesbury with Judy Tzuke and Rumer was booked months ago. What made the evening for me was the five piece band that accompanied these four singer songwriters. Led by keyboards and lead guitar, the band also comprised drums/percussion, bass guitar and saxophone. Julia did introduce the band at one point, but I could not remember their names and the internet is no use. The alto sax player also played flute, soprano sax and harmonica. Also what might have been a sopranissimo or an even smaller saxophone. I guess if you can blow it, he can play it. He was brilliant.

The ladies alternated in singing their numbers, Beverley accompanying herself on a grand piano and Julia playing guitar. I thought Beverley was the best but Alison obviously preferred Julia. I only knew one song by Judy and that was Stay with me till Dawn. We do have a Rumer CD and her stand out track Slow went down well. Although there were songs I had never heard before, the music and performances made them great. We had seats in the middle left of the eighth row which were the best in the house, right opposite Beverley's piano. They were so close. A great concert, one that Alison was so pleased she had seen.


No comments: