Tuesday 7 June 2022

Wendover Woods - Firecrest Trail

 


Walking in Wendover Woods today, I followed the start of the parkrun course downhill, and left it to turn down a sharp left intersection to take me further downhill. I then missed my usual turn near the bottom and found myself on the track out of the woods. However, there on the right was a sign for the Firecrest Trail which I had never walked before. 

This is a great narrow path through the woods, no horses or cyclists allowed. It is well marked and a very attractive route. This ended, for me, at the steep ascent for parkrun and I followed this all the way back to the start. Some superb views on the way. Overall a distance of close to four miles. Beautiful on a warm sunny day. I met Alison at the finish for tea and cake in the café. Wonderful.

Next time I will try the full trail. 

Sunday 12th June: A full walk of the trail with Alison. I found I had walked all the other paths on the route many times before, and the part above was still the most interesting and attractive section.

No comments: