Thursday 7 April 2022

Forsythia Spectabilis Variegated

 


Our Forsythia has never been that neat upright shrub you see in most gardens. Every year it seems to spread horizontally.

Two years ago it wasn't too bad in March.


And the following month It was pruned to what I thought would be a nice shape


But last year it was still a mess.


So last week I decided that major surgery was yet again needed, trying to leave the most upright stems. Although what I found was that the Forsythia has now spread into three separate shrubs


The one in the centre is the original that probably still has too many shoots at ground level.


This is how the border looks today. I'm hoping all the shrubs put on some growth to hide the fence. 


Lastly, this is the heap of pruning's that I have to cut up, bag and take to the tip.



No comments: