Tuesday 26 April 2022

Amaryllis Carmen and Camassia Caerulea


This is the Amaryllis that I ordered from the Farmer Gracy website. It has these incredible flowers. The bulb was planted in the winter in a dark place in a pot with hardly any compost. All the food is inside the bulb itself. All it needs is watering. Coming out into the light in March, the flower stalk suddenly shot up and these flowers appeared. It is in my study as it has been banished from the living room. It is quite dramatic.


There is a story about the Camassia. It was growing well in the main border, but I thought it was a bluebell that had seeded from the one not far away. So up it came and thrown on the compost heap. I then realised it might be something else, so the bulb is in a pot and the flower stalk was rescued from the compost where it had broken off. Into a vase and it is flowering nicely. I found the label that came with the bulb so I will know next time.

No comments: