Tuesday 20 April 2021

Not parkrun Part 2

 

The flooded paths at Meadowcroft had dried by Saturday so it was time to try another 3.11 miles on the Aylesbury parkrun course. It was a beautiful sunny morning but not too many people about. The last time I ran here was in August last year, a few months into the first lockdown.  Then I manged it in 28 minutes and twenty nine seconds and an age grade of 65.81%. On Saturday it was 28 minutes and fifty four seconds. And although I was twenty five seconds slower, my age grade came out at 66.02%. 

So I thought it might be interesting to compare times and age grade going back in time. For example, six years ago in 2015, I ran two minutes faster at twenty six minutes and fifty eight seconds, but my age grade was lower at 64.67%. To find an equivalent age grade it was two and a half minutes faster when I was 70. So although I have slowed down quite a bit, so has everyone at my age.

Back to the now bone dry course at Meadowcroft, here is a reminder of those floods in the winter.



No comments: