Monday 26 April 2021

Emerald Fennell

 

1st April 2021

We first knew Emerald Fennell as Patsy Mount from Call the Midwife. I made a note on my post of 20th January 2014 that Patsy appeared in Series 3 Episode 5 when I needed help to find the songs playing at the time. However, Emerald was also a writer and by 2018 she was brought in by her friend Phoebe Waller-Bridge to be head writer for Series 2 of Killing Eve, another of our favourite TV shows.

But I was very surprised to find that it was Emerald who was the writer, director and producer of the five time Oscar nominated film Promising Young Woman starring Carey Mulligan. I'm hoping it gets to be shown when cinemas re-open later this year.

UPDATE   12th April 2021

On Sunday at the BAFTA's, Promising Young Woman won the awards for Best Original Screenplay (in my opinion always the top award of the night) and for Outstanding British Film. 


ANOTHER UPDATE   26th April 2021

Winner of the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay. Hurrah!



No comments: