Monday 18 March 2019

Milton Keynes Half Marathon 2019



It was a good day for running. Chilly and windy but not freezing or blowing a gale. The morning had actually started with clear blue skies but it had clouded over by the time we started at 10.45 am.

Although my time of  2:12:35 was the slowest of the four half marathons I have run (not counting the crazy weather of last year's race) it  was under the 2:15 I had set myself as a target. I know I'm getting slower as I get older. This year I found that last few miles were really hard, and I was probably more tired at the end than any previous race. But I managed to run the whole way and so exorcised last year's debacle. If this was to be my last half marathon, I was more than pleased with the result.

I checked my watch at 10 miles and my time was 1:39:45, so under 10 minutes per mile, and that was fine. But the last three miles is mainly uphill with that short steep climb in Campbell Park. Alison was there at the end to help me stagger back to the car. We had a very nice lunch at Carluccio's in the shopping centre before heading home.


No comments: