Tuesday 15 May 2018

The Marlow 5 - 2018



When Alison booked for this year's Marlow 5, I wasn't sure how I would be after the half marathon only six days before. However, after the record breaking heat of last Monday, the cooler weather meant I managed a couple of short slow runs before the race on Sunday.

The conditions were just about perfect. Sunny but a cool 13C. This was my sixth Marlow 5, having run it every year since I started. The course is mostly flat, there is only one small hill. I made it round in 46 minutes and 2 seconds, my fourth fastest but probably the most enjoyable after the tribulations of the MK Half. I was very pleased withe the pace of 9 minutes and 11 seconds per mile, and finishing 4th out of sixteen men over seventy.

We met up with people from On The Run (Alison's running club) both before and after the event. The following photo is just club members, so you can see just how many were there.


No comments: