Tuesday 29 August 2017

The Garden in August


August is not the best month for colour in the garden. However, there are the odd plants that are thriving.


I'm pretty sure the two photos above are a Hibiscus, but I have no record of having planted any. I'm not sure what else it could be.


I bought two very small white Lychnis for £2 each, and this one has done particularly well.


The deep red rose is on it's second flush.


As is the Acanthus.


This year the Rudbeckia has been very successful, but only because I kept in watered in the dry spell.


The yellow Ligularia was donated by Anne and has flowered much later than I expected.


Another plant that likes to be kept moist in the early summer is the Lythrum.


At least the Potentilla gives some colour n the long border.

No comments: