Monday 14 August 2017

Songs from Atomic Blonde


The movie is set around the time of the fall of the Berlin wall and much of the action is set in the vicinity. It was when I heard the song over the opening credits, I knew we were in for a great soundtrack.

Cat People (Putting out the Fire) by David Bowie is my favourite song in any movie when it plays at the opening of Chapter 5 of Inglorious Basterds. (See post entitled Revenge of the Giant Face). So to hear it in a new setting was amazing.

The Berlin wall opened in 1989 and the soundtrack is full of 1980's hits. Some of these will resonate with my children.

99 Luftballons by Nena

I Ran (So Far Away) by A Flock of Seagulls

Under Pressure by David Bowie and Queen

Father Figure by George Michael

London Calling by The Clash

Just Like Heaven by The Cure

Hungry like the Wolf  by Duran Duran

Atomic by Blondie

Not a list of all the songs in the movie; go to tunefind.com for the others.

No comments: