Monday 28 November 2016

The Eynsham 10K


Perfect conditions (cloudy, chilly but no wind) for my second time at the Eynsham 10k. This time running with Alison, Angie next door and her friend Lynne whose husband Alan was there to watch. Angie and I started off running together, We both were recovering from injuries, but my calf and back, and her knee were pretty much better.

We started off quite fast but then found a nice steady pace. Angie left me behind at 6k but I manged to find a group running at my pace and I managed to hang on for the remainder of the race.

Angie came in 40 seconds ahead of me, pleased that she came in under 55 minutes. My 55.32 was much better than I expected. Alison ran with Lynne all the way round with a respectable 1 hour 8 minutes. It was then time for tea and cake in the hall before going our separate ways.

Alison and I were very hungry by the time we reached Nando's in Aylesbury after 1.30pm, and demolished a sharing platter in no time at all.

No comments: