Thursday 7 February 2013

Ksenia Ovsyanick


I do not pretend to be an expert on ballet, but when I published my post on English National Ballet's performance of Sleeping Beauty at Milton Keynes, I did note:

But the one dancer that caught my eye was Ksenia Ovsyanick dancing for the first time as as the Lilac Fairy, one of the main roles. So it was to my surprise after the performance to see she is listed on the ENB website as one of the lowly artists. In 2008 she was just one of Lilac Fairie's attendents. But last night she danced a role normally reserved for Principal Dancers, and at one matinee on the tour she actually dances the lead. She is still quite young, but to my uneducated eye, this is a future star.

At the end of January, at the National Dance Awards, she was presented with the prize for the Outstanding Female Performance (Classical). Amazing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I realized that the first time I saw her dance