Tuesday 19 October 2010

Eddie Marsan


Ever since Eddie Marsan appeared as Mr Pancks in Little Dorrit, he has been one of our favourite actors. He has had cameo roles in many movies including Gangs of New York, 21 Grammes, V for Vendetta, Mission Impossible 111, Miami Vice, The Illusionist, Hancock and Me and Orson Welles. He had a bigger role in Vera Drake and more recently playing Inspector Lestrade in Sherlock Holmes. He has appeared in many TV dramas including last year's Red Riding. I guess that I first admired his work in Stephen Poliakoff's Friends and Crocodiles in 2005 where he played an author who could not finish his second book. Watching the DVD last week, I just wished that he had a bigger part. And I am looking forward to watching him in The Disappearance of Alice Creed when it comes on TV. His latest role comes in the TV adaptation of Mark Billingham's Thorne:Sleepyhead. As AA Gill wrote in his review "I'd still watch him in anything he'd turned up for". I could not agree more.

No comments: