Monday 23 November 2009

Swim class number 7

This week it was mainly backstroke with Andy, yet another coach from the swimming club. These one to one sessions are much more like hard work as quite intensive. As usual we started with just the kick, trying to point my toes and kicking with an upward motion (I include these tips for future reference) like kicking a football? Tiring, but at least I was making some progress.
Then onto arms using a constant rotation, for the first time I think I was doing OK. Managed half a length which, for me, was a massive improvement. Apparently you use different muscles for backstroke, which accounts for the stiffness the following day.

Rested with some breaststroke which, I am told, is pretty much perfect. It was tumble turns for the second half of the lesson, but I just do not have the flexibility. Andy said something about our age, but he was only 46. I don't think he believed it when I said I was 64.o I did breaststroke turns instead, keeping my head down at the push off. It also gave me the opportunity to try some more backstroke.

No comments: