Friday 6 November 2009

Swim class number 5

It never ceases to amaze me how different is each swimming lesson. I thought something was up when I walked into the main pool area and the three instructors who wait on the far side were joined by lots of young women. It turned out that they were trainee instructors. I was paired with Theresa who had a list of drills for the breaststroke. The same old agony of holding a float and just using my legs, first on my back, then the front. Exhausted after fifteen minutes. Then some proper swimming concentrating on the leg snap we had been practising , which seemed to improve my technique. Finished the half hour with some playtime, picking up objects from the bottom of the pool.

I was amazed when Theresa handed me over to another young lady for the second half. This was Carmel, her sister. I know. They could not have been older than twenty. On to crawl, the same torture as last week holding a float and leg kicks. I think I gained from this one to one session, as my tendency to bend my knees was spotted and sort of corrected. I think I was getting the hang of it. It was a relief when I could do a normal stroke, apparently my arm movement is OK, which was a surprise. Ended the session with some more games. The hour flew by.

No comments: