Sunday 16 May 2021

My first movie - King of the Kyber Rifles


I must have been eight years old when I went to see my first movie. King of the Khyber Rifles was released in 1953 and starred Tyrone Power and Michael Rennie. I'm pretty sure we went to one of the big cinemas in the West End. I had thought that it starred Richard Todd, but now I know he was the lead in Rob Roy that I may have seen a year later. There is one problem. Genevieve was also released in 1953, so was this my first film? I know Mum liked it's star Kenneth Moore, but I prefer to think that an action movie came first.


But then I was reminded that Trouble in Store starring Norman Wisdom was released in 1953, so that could easily have been the first. 


I had always thought that the first film I saw was Campbell's Kingdom but that was only released in 1957.




No comments: