Monday 19 February 2007

The Best Things about Retirement Part 1 - Following the Weather

I have already found that it is best to be flexible when it comes to what I want to do in the week. This is because it depends a lot on the weather. For instance, last Monday was pretty wet all day, so I ended up clearing the loft of all the bits of carpet and vinyl that we kept "just in case". Some of these were the ends of carpets and flooring that have already been replaced. The car was quite full by the time I headed for the tip. The new computer arrived in the morning, so although it was nice to unpack all the bits, without a desk, it has not yet been turned on.

And then the next day was sunny with clear blue skies. So it was off to Marsworth for a walk around the reservoirs and canals. I took it easy so as not to be too tired for my swim on Wednesday. Then on Thursday, it was warm enough to sit in the conservatory and finish Alan Bennett's "Untold Stories", and later wash the cars and clearing debris from the lawn and under the trees. It is great to be out in the garden in the middle of February. I have found that I prefer to be outside than in, but I have to ensure that I keep up my writing and get the brain ticking over.

No comments: