Saturday 12 October 2024

Daffodils Poeticus Pheasants Eye/Recurvus

 

Yesterday I cleared all the plants from the end of the far round border. The achillea were far too tall and despite being supported, they were falling over. Next to them was what I came to believe was a rogue weed that was again too tall. I left the white anthemis nearest the camera, but these will also be moved elsewhere.

The border was soft enough to dig over with all the recent rain. I was amazed to find that the soil was really deep. I had bought two very cheap bags of compost that apparently were just right for a new border, and these were added and raked over. 

I then planted the ten daffodil bulbs around the edge. I had cleared lots of the roots from the old plants but I need to see if any still come up in the spring. Especially that weed. The daffodils will be easy to compare with any old roots or weeds. In the spring my thoughts at the moment are for a perennial fuscia in the centre and some fuscia bedding around the edge. There is a lot of shade from the hedge but these should do fine. And I can again look out for anything that shouldn't be there.



No comments: