Tuesday 26 September 2023

The Garden on one late September Day

 

I have never tried this before, a photo trip around the garden, a snapshot of one day. We are in the last few days of September and there is still a lot to see. So yesterday I started with two pictures from outside of the back door. At the front of the first is the Euphorbia Martini that grows through the stones I put down next to the path.

The flowers nearest to the camera on the right above are the Asters and the white  Astrantia. In close up below.

Then turning round from the far end. Some blue Geraniums in the foreground.


And then across to the bedding border with the Dahlia Figaro. In the distance is the Viburnum I grow as a small tree that has come into flower again. 

Walking to the end of the bedding border I reach the junction of the rose border and the wildflower bed.





Not much to see in the side patio except for the Spiraea Japonica that has flowered for the second time this year and then the dwarf crab apple tree 

However I forgot to photograph my favourite rose and had to dash out in the rain this morning. At the front are more Asters.


Then the rose Blue for You. On it's right is a huge stalk that has buds on the top. Not sure what's happened there. "Maybe a sucker from the rootstock". Will investigate later.


These are Asters at the end of the side patio and then the blue Aubretia that first flowered in May.


Now looking to the far end of the garden. In the distance (then in close up below) are the Cosmos I grew from seed.




Going down this border this is the pink Achilea in flower. The forget me nots are leafing like mad in this border.


Some more white Astrantia.

And at the end more Asters. And of course the forget me nots.


Looking across to the hot bed, only the Rudbeckia are in flower.


Then a picture from behind the hot bed across to the long border.


And finally back to where I started.

No comments: