Tuesday 2 May 2023

Pavis Wood Bluebells and Beech

 

Last May I posted "taking a break from running (which turned out to be permanent) ....... found me on one of my favourite walks". This week Alison accompanied me to look at the bluebells in Pavis Wood. We walked from the (very busy on a Bank Holiday Monday) car park at the top of Wendover Woods and took The Ridgeway path which at this point is a level route through Pavis Wood.

At last the Beech trees are coming into leaf. One of the last trees to do so. Their leaves this time of year are such a fluorescent green.

When we started out I had imagined we would retrace our steps back to the car park on a mainly level path. But we were about halfway round the circular walk so decided to press on to the long but steady downhill section of Fox Lane. But this means there is the long trek up Aston Hill back to Wendover Woods. Quite tiring for me these days but glad we did it. Nearly six miles in two and a quarter hours.

No comments: