Wednesday 24 May 2023

Garden in late May

 

The recent sunny weather combined with the heavy rain we had in April has meant that everything is growing like mad. The Alliums have never been better.


Some of the Astrantia are already in flower.


The Hostas in the side patio are really healthy.


 So is the Aquilegia that I rescued from the compost heap. Behind it the Weigela has signs of the red flowers after it had that heavy prune in the autumn. 


The cornflowers have gone mad.

The dwarf Dahlias have been planted.

Still alive are the Clematis Montana and the giant Hypericum that I thought I had lost. Both are now showing signs of growth.




Following the continuing advice from Monty Don, the Cosmos seeds I planted have grown enough to harden off outside.


The first roses are coming into flower.


Including my favourite "Blue for You".


And a  Lupin I thought was dead.


 Finally, the Aubretia around the conservatory has almost covered the path.



No comments: