Friday 31 March 2023

Rose "Eden Rose"

 

A couple of years ago I lost a rose in the middle of the border. I had waited to replace it as the general opinion is do not plant a rose where one has been before.  So this time I used the last bit of mycorrhizal fungi powder I found lurking at the back of a shelf in the garage (see below) and some rose fertilizer, both at the bottom of the hole I dug. Then some chicken manure pellets with the backfilling soil.  If this doesn't work, nothing will.

There is not much to see in the rose border apart from the first leaves sprouting after the pruning.

The label for the rose says it is fine as a bush rose, although other websites suggest it is a climber. We shall see. It was in the sale at Dobbies, reduced from £19.99 to £9.99. I had to use a Dobbies voucher so only just over £7.00. It will be a bargain if it grows.



No comments: