Monday 8 August 2022

"I Wish I Was In Love Again" by Frank Sinatra

 

There are very few songs in one of our favorite TV series McDonald and Dodds, so I was really surprised when out of the blue came this classic by Frank Sinatra in Series 3 Episode 3 as the two main guest actors sit in a restaurant. I didn't own the LP a Swingin' Affair! that contains I Wish I Was In Love Again, but I did it's more iconic predecessor Songs for Swingin' Lovers. Although this particular track is maybe the best from both albums. Whoever chose it obviously thought so. 

However, on my Christmas list for my eighteenth birthday was the following album which,.today, is still one of the singer's best. I even now have it on CD.

But not having listened to anything by Frank for such a long time, what a treat it was to hear him the other evening.

No comments: