Tuesday 21 September 2021

Wycombe Wanderers vs Charlton Athletic

 

I gave up going to see MK Dons years ago. I just didn't feel the excitement I experienced when I was younger. So when Alison wanted to see a game after so long, we chose Wycombe Wanderers. So on Saturday we made our way to Adams Park to see them play Charlton Athletic. (Was this the team I watched at my first ever league game at Rotherham United when I was very young?) 

We had tickets in the upper tier of the main stand (the Frank Adams stand) and I have to say these were some of the best views I have ever had a football game. It helped as the day was sunny and warm. The game itself was OK, just kick and rush at the start but it did settle down into something quite reasonable. Although some of the tackling was x rated. The two goals Wycombe scored were excellent, both by the best player on the pitch, thirty four year old Garath McCleary. But when Charlton scored near the end, the crowd became very nervous.

It was good to see some friends before the game, and the travel arrangements were superb. There was a park and ride at West Wycombe which was on our way. We parked in a field and there were coaches waiting to take us to the ground. They dropped us outside the stadium and were waiting there at the end. Not sure if I will go again, but Alison probably will.

No comments: