Tuesday 21 September 2021

The Garden in September

 


I thought that I would start with the Cosmos Appollo Lovestrong (the latest trial for the bedding border) that in August I described as disappointing. Well, come September and the flowers are more prolific, although still too tall for this border.



The dark pink Impatiens in the tubs and baskets at the front are the best yet.




Below are the Viola Pineapple Crush that i planted after the Impatiens here died early.



At the same time I planted some new daffodil bulbs called Cheerfulness White. 

Some of the Astrantia are flowering again.


As are some of the roses.



The Aster is on my previous post of the far border, but here it is again.


The Rudbeckia is still going strong.


I have dug up some of the forget me nots to plant in the shrub border where I cut back a dead part of  the flowering currant,


I nearly forgot the Hibiscus that is a late flowering shrub.


I brand new Astrantia Venice is in a pot that it seems to like.


So Quite happy with the borders in September, and a few ideas for next year.



No comments: