Saturday 7 April 2018

At Last - The Lawn is Mowed


Yesterday I mowed the lawn for the first time this year. It had already been cut three times by this time in 2017. One of the latest springs I can remember.

It was also time to replace my old mower. It had been rejected as too dangerous to service in the winter as the metal shell of the Honda Izy had rusted so badly, there were holes in the bodywork. Well, it was fifteen years old. I had considered buying one of the new battery powered mowers, but the best of these (the Stihl) as a direct replacement (16 inch self propelled) was well over £200 more expensive than a petrol.

So in the end I bought another Honda Izy from Briants of Longwick.


For the first time I used a higher setting for the first cut. It hardly took any grass off, but we shall see if this does any good. The moss has been particularly bad this winter so there are some bare patches where this has been removed, and there will probably be more when I use the lawn lake. At least the grass looks OK from a distance.


No comments: