Tuesday 9 May 2017

The Grant and Stone Marlow 5 - 2017


My fifth time running the Marlow 5 mile race. The only year I missed after starting running was in 2013 when we ran the Oxford 10K on the same day. After last years hot weather, this time it was the perfect temperature for running. A cool 10 C when we started off and cloudy but bright all the way round, apart from the odd glimpse of the sun. So no wonder I achieved a PB. My time of 43.05 was nearly a minute and a half quicker than my previous best in 2014. I was pleased with coming third out of thirteen in my age bracket and 511th out of a total of 1054 runners. My age grade of 68.51% was the second best I have achieved for any race, the best being at parkrun in October. As I said, conditions were perfect.

Alison, at 47.44, was also halfway down the times of the female 50-59 group. Very good considering she ran the MK half marathon six days before. We met up with lots of people we know from parkrun. Even Monica, the Aylesbury parkrun event director, was there near the finish cheering us home. As usual, we stopped off at John Lewis in High Wycombe for a well earned (and free with our vouchers) tea and cake.


No comments: