Wednesday 3 May 2017

No More of A Fine Frenzy and Nina Gordon?


"A few years ago I put A Fine Frenzy to bed, which was a pretty big step for me. I needed to grow and the only way I knew how was to step away from it and the world that went with it. Maybe that was my own cage that I created, but I needed to let myself out of it". So said Alison Sudol in 2015. Which is such a shame as her three albums ( One Cell in the SeaBomb in a Birdcage and PINES)
 recorded as A Fine Frenzy are so good. But with her well received performance in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, there will be more movies and less music.


Nina Gordon is, unfortunately, back with her old band Veruca Salt. After having left in acrimonious circumstances, her two solo albums (Tonight and the Rest of My Life and Bleeding Heart Graffiti) are altogether more my taste. In fact, like A Fine Frenzy, they are among my favourite albums. What we need is another falling out.

No comments: