Wednesday 1 October 2014

Lanhydrock Parkrun


The reason why we packed on the last night of our holiday was because we were aiming to do the Lanhydrock Parkrun on the Saturday morning at 9am. So we had to be up early, load the car and be away before 8am for the drive over to the other side of Bodmin.

We found the venue fine, in fact quite a bit earlier than most of the runners. We had heard that it was quite a challenging one lap course. What I did not expect was that there was hardly anywhere level. So it was down all the way for the first half, and up all the way back.


 But it was very pretty through the wooded trails.


My time was five minutes longer for the 5K than that for the flat Aylesbury course. And I don't run hills in training, so this was really hard. But I challenged myself not to stop and just jogged slowly up the steep bits. I hope it has done me good. Alison loved the course so much (she was only just behind me at the finish) and said she would do this every week if she could. I had to disagree. Once was enough.

Luckily, next to the car park is a brand new cafe etc so we were able to change and have tea and cake before setting off on our journey home. Thanks go to Alison who did most of the driving. At least the venue was almost on the route back.

No comments: